Hope Valley was originally named Carpenter’s Mills after being settled by Hezekiah Carpenter in 1770. It was renamed Hope Valley in 1824 by Gardner Nichols after he accidentally ordered two dozen hand towels for the town hall restrooms with the initials “HV” on them. (It’s possible we made that last part up.)
And speaking of restrooms, the only thing worse than typo-filled hand towels is backed up sewage. Give us a call and we’ll be right over.
Wind River Environmental
Hope Valley, RI 02832